Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Early Morning Flutterings

I can just see the sky above the rooftops. It's turned from a vast black thing to a deep shade of midnight blue, though midnight has long past and that's probably a misnomer anyway. It's just light enough to distinguish sky from everything-below-sky.

I love this time of day.

It's very peaceful. Birds are just starting to wake up. Here and there a couple of lights are on in houses. But for the most part, the world's still asleep and I get to exist in quiet and calm and dark happiness.

I'm a bit of a night person. Can you tell?

Oh course, I'm tired as hell and desperately want to go to bed, because I've been awake since 3 this afternoon and it's been a long day.  I've finished reading a book. I've written a book review. I've vacuumed the downstairs area. I've made a batch of lemon iced green tea. I've eaten too much pizza.

And my eyes are burning, and that little part of my brain is asking Oh god, why did you agree to switch to a night schedule, why did you think this would be good for you, why don't you just cut your losses and go back to being awake during the day because the day is when everything happens!

My brain's an idiot, by the way.

I like nights. I'm my most creative at night. I feel my most productive when the sky's dark and everything feels like the world just exists for me because everyone else is asleep and in their own world and I'm the only one left, so of course there's going to be nothing to stand in my way of getting a whole load of stuff done.

I'm not wrong. Not entirely. I'm just stuck in this stupid annoying transition phase because I only started doing this last week, only made the shift less than 7 days ago, and my brain and body haven't quite adapted to the idea that time is upside down and things are different.

Hence the tired.

Just got to push on for a few more hours before it's okay for me to go to sleep.

Even if I'll probably be woken up by a Fedex guy delivering a package that requires my signature. I hope I wake up just enough to sign my name but not so much that I can't fall back to sleep pretty much immediately.

Clarification: sign my correct name. I really don't want to be Grumpy McGooberpants, signing for half of my new computer.

Half, because the place I bought it has determined that pfft, I may have paid for the tower and monitor and keyboard and mouse and even some speakers and stuff, but I really only need the tower and monitor right away, and the rest can come at some unspecified future time, because Windows 7 Pro comes with an underappreciated psychic mode that will allow me to control everything with my mind until then.

Genius!

Signing off,
Grumpy MyGooberpants.

No comments:

Post a Comment