Thursday, July 30, 2015

I Could Be, But I'm Not

It's around 5:30 in the morning. Also known as "that time about 4-5 hours before I go to bed," because night schedule.

And it hit me this morning (as it's been hitting me for the last few mornings), that I really should be making better use of this time.

Here's how my nights usually go, once my roommate has left for work.

~ Read some
~ Write any book reviews that need writing
~ Feed the cats
~ Wash dishes or maybe do a load of laundry
~ Fuck around on my computer for hours

Yeah, it's that last one that's killing me.

Even if I only wasted 2 hours a night browsing Cracked or TV Tropes obsessively, that's still 2 hours a night in which I could be doing something, anything more productive. I could be studying Japanese. I could be subtitling YouTube videos. I could be sketching stuff to get my drawing muscles back in the game. Hell, I could fold my laundry instead of using the drier as this weird temporary clothing storage box the whole time.

I could be reading more.

Which would, in turn, likely lead to me writing more reviews. This is not a bad thing.

And yet. Time-wasters on the Internet are, well, practically half of the entire Internet anyway.

Some part of me almost wishes I hadn't resolved the connection issues on my computer. Then I'd have far less of an excuse to waste so much time like this, and get back to doing something useful or productive or artistic.

Preferably all three at once.

This also probably wouldn't annoy me so much if I hadn't thought the same thing for the last three freaking days! Seriously, brain, if you're going to chastise me about being such a damn slacker, could you at least, I dunno, make me want to do something other than slack? Maybe? You think?

...Fuck that, I've got more cat videos to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment