Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Oh Good, It's Working Again

Turns out the problem with my Internet connection was the router. Which was solved by a simple reboot.

Oh, and also by not having my roommate monopolize a bunch of the bandwidth with file transfers. Looks like the secret is IN BEFORE TRANSFER, so that if I connect to the Internet before any files start moving from one computer to the next, the router says, "First come, first served," and lets me stay connected.

Limits other Internet-using things around the house, but at least the main problem is solved.

The main problem being how the crap I'm supposed to do various computery work when I have a limited-use computer. Most of the things I do involve having online access, specifically for writing and for selling the few things here and there that actually make me a little money now and again.

Now that debacle is out of the way, on to the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment